In Clear Creek ISD Special Services, each student discovers and develops his or her unique talents and interests while realizing personal success and positively impacting their world.
The mission of the Clear Creek ISD Department of Special Services, the innovative leader in inclusive education, is to ensure that each student discovers and develops his or her unique talents and interests while realizing personal success and positively impacting their world through a new system distinguished by shared ownership, personalized learning, person-centered planning, enhanced continuum of supports and extraordinary educational experiences.
- Each student sustains a fulfilled life actualizing his or her personal talents and interests.
- Each student optimizes his or her potential by continuously setting and achieving individual learning goals.
- Each student actively enriches and advances his or her community and greater society.
We believe in educating students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment.
Each student has access to an appropriate learning environment and an opportunity for education with non-disabled students to the maximum extent appropriate at his or her zoned school or at a site as close as possible to his or her neighborhood school.
Whether your child is new to Special Services or you just need a question answered, our Parent Resource Center (PRC) is your one-stop shop for all things Special Services. Our Parent Resource Specialist provides trainings and workshops and can direct you to important community resources to ensure you are knowledgeable about your child's education.
In order to access the PRC and receive support, you must have a child currently enrolled in CCISD. The PRC is located at the Learner Support Center, 2903 Falcon Pass, Room #1038, Houston, Texas.
The following services are offered through the Parent Resource Center:
- The IEP Process workshops
- The ARD Process workshops
- Curriculum support workshops/Assistive Technology Workshops (District Programs)
- STAAR explanations/options/tutorials
- Hands on make and take classes for parent of students using N2Y curriculum
- Visual schedules and home icon workshops
- Educator resource library
- 18+ option workshops
- Community provider workshops
- SpEd 101 workshops for new parents to CCISD Special Education Programs
- Parent resource connections
- Parent resource library
- Community event postings
- Curriculum support items
- Any other program the Director of Special Education Programs deems necessary for the mission of the CCISD Special Services Department.
Meet Penny Sweeney
Our Parent Resource Specialist, Penny Sweeney, provides trainings and workshops and can direct you to important community resources to ensure you are knowledgeable about your child's education.
Student Records Request
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.